Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Geospatial Engineer must possess the knowledge and skills to research, coordinate, and analyze a variety of data from different sources, sensor types, requirements, and geographies to determine the best designs and methods to execute geospatial programs. To do this, the candidate must have a strong understanding of remote sensing technology, Sensor types and capabilities, GIS, Photogrammetry, and related fields. The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and collaborative team environment. The candidate must be able to effectively prioritize requirements and proactively research, analyze, and synthesize information to successfully deliver several concurrent tasks. Strong communication skills are also required in order to collaborate with team members and provide project status updates in coordination with the government sponsor.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively across the organization in response to dynamic tasking.
• Experience in geospatial data visualization.
• Experience using ArcGIS, Arc Server, Google Earth.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel and delivering briefings using Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Experience in the use of various types of geospatial data.
• Knowledge in acquiring and preparing data for geo processing which includes, but is not limited to, research to acquire, understand, and prepare information for geospatial display.
• Ability to read technical manuals, interprets information, and write proposals.
• Evaluate workflow processing and identify and implement automation solutions.
• Collaborate with other teams to develop future enhancements and solutions.
• Participate in day to day reviews and agile development cycles.
• Recommend modifications to improve geospatial processing/production.
• Tune performance of existing production flows to increase efficiency and overall quality.
• Provide technical assistance in planning, engineering, and architecture of systems.
• Generate reports and statistics.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field.
Equivalent experience may be substituted for up to two years education.
• A minimum of five years substantial experience in the industry and a strong background with industry sensor technology.
• Preferred Certified Photogrammetrist or Certified Mapping Scientist
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse