Organization: Town of Davie
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Davie, FL
TOWN OF DAVIE
invites applications for the position of:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
OPENING DATE: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
This is highly responsible, specialized technical, professional senior level work involving geospatial data management, spatial analyses, application development, cartography, system administration, training and support of an enterprise Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
An employee in this class is responsible for the successful development, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of an enterprise GIS system. The primary function of this position is to perform highly skilled technical duties to create, maintain and update GIS databases, perform spatial analysis, and assist with system management. In addition, the incumbent manages GIS related projects and applications within the department. Duties include field data collection, geoprocessing, map production, documentation, automating repetitive tasks, sharing maps, data and tools as services, and establishing and implementing standards and procedures for database management. The employee is expected to exercise considerable initiative, independent judgment, and discretion while performing assigned tasks. Work is of reasonable difficulty and requires the employee to have considerable knowledge of data gathering and analysis methods, and knowledge of advanced applications in GIS. Direction is received from the Town's GIS Manager, who shall periodically review work in progress and ensure productivity through conferences, reviews, and analysis of maps, scripts, data and other related files.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in geography, information systems, computer science, or closely related field; 4-5 years considerable progressively responsible GIS work experience; Extensive progressively responsible experience with GIS applications, Esri geodatabases and the creation of spatial and tabular GIS data, Esri software, and SQL Server and other RDBMS skills. Additional related work experience and/or current technical certifications may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience working for local government is preferred.
• Professional GIS certification (GISP) is a plus.
• Knowledge of current GIS technologies and products including, but not limited to, the Esri framework of products, GPS data collection, geodatabase design and management, geoprocessing, web mapping applications, data visualization.
• Related supervisory experience is a plus.
• Must possess and maintain a valid class "E", State of Florida Driver's License.
• If selected to move forward in this position, you will be required to obtain and submit your lifetime driving history.
• If you recently applied for this position, please do not reapply.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
6591 Orange Drive
Davie, FL 33314
An Equal Opportunity Employer Job #20-018
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse