Job Detail

Organization: Nashua Regional Planning Commission
Title: Summer Intern - Paid
Location: Nashua, New Hampshire

Posted: 2021-03-25
Application Deadline:

Position Description:

The Nashua Regional Planning Commission seeks a summer intern to join its award-winning team from approximately May to September. This is a full-time temporary paid position, the duties of which primarily consist of GPS and GIS mobile field data collection. The majority of time (approximately 80%) will be spent on road surface condition assessment, with the remainder (approximately 20%) for economic conditions assessment of the regionís major commercial corridors and high-potential developable areas. Occasional in-office data processing tasks are also anticipated.

Qualifications: This position is ideal for an undergraduate student with an affinity for technology and career interest in GIS to support regional planning and local government. NRPC will provide training, but any experience with the ESRI desktop suite, GPS, ArcGIS Collector, and ArcGIS online would be an asset to the position.

Fieldwork is a primary component of this position, and the applicant must be comfortable working as part of a two-person field team in both urban and rural outdoor environments under a variety of weather conditions. This position requires a valid driverís license.

The Nashua Region is a vibrant landscape of rural, suburban, and urban communities located just 40 miles from Downtown Boston. The commission enjoys extensive relationships with its 13 member communities as well as partners spanning the transportation, public health and wellness, human services, business, and philanthropic fields and the selected candidate will enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of creative and cutting-edge projects. The Commission fosters a work environment that is both personally and professionally fulfilling and encourages continued professional development in an atmosphere that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Additionally, the commission is committed to employee health and safety and has implemented COVID-19 guidelines for social distancing, sanitization, health screenings, and personal protection equipment (PPE).

To apply: Please forward a cover letter, resume, and two examples of recent project work to: Jay Minkarah, Executive Director, Nashua Regional Planning Commission, 30 Temple Street, Suite 310, Nashua, NH 03060 or via e-mail to [email protected]

All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse